What is IATF 16949?
IATF 16949 is the International Quality Management Standard specifically written by the Automotive Industry.
The introduction of IATF 16949 has resulted in substantial improvements in all aspects of quality, delivery and overall efficiency throughout the supply chain. It has also reduced the requirement for multiple audits of manufacturers.
Who is IATF 16949 applicable to?
The standard is applicable to any organization within the automotive supply chain that manufactures and / or adds value to parts for supply to the automotive industry.
What are the benefits of certification to IATF 16949?
Global recognition as a reputable supplier - certification is recognized and accepted throughout the automotive supply chain as an industry benchmark
- Customer satisfaction - through delivery of products that consistently meet customer requirements
- Reduced cost of compliance with customer specifications - through implementation of a single management system and reduced audit requirements
- Reduced operating costs - through continual improvement of processes and resulting operational efficiencies
- Improved stakeholder relationships - including staff, customers and suppliers
- Legal compliance - by understanding how statutory and regulatory requirements impact the organization and its customers
- Improved risk management - through greater consistency and traceability of products and services
- Proven business credentials - through independent verification against recognized standards
- Ability to win more business - particularly where procurement specifications require certification as a condition to supply